Looking for an elegant dessert for your party? Try this easy recipe. A couple of days ago, I saw this perfect recipe on the web and got so excited. When I saw these Baked Apple Roses I thought what a gorgeous and elegant dessert.
I thought they must be hard to make, but I was wrong they are a lot easier to make than they look like they’d be. I made these today, and they turned out really well. I didn’t follow the recipe exactly I did it my way. They were beautiful and delicious. I just bought some frozen vegan puff pastry from the store. One sheet of puff pastry made six apple roses.
- 3 red apples, cored and very thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 sheet frozen vegan puff pastry, thawed
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Wash the apples and slice in very thin slices
- In a saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil and carefully add the apples slices and boil for about three minutes. After drain them on a paper towel
- In a bowl mix sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Roll out the pastry. Sprinkle it with cinnamon-sugar mixture the surface of your pastry.
- With a pastry cutter cut the pastry into two-inch strips.
- Then lay cooled apples, end to end, on each strip and roll up the pastry.
- place each rose into a greased muffin tin.
- Bake in a 300 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the pastry is well browned.. Dust with powdered sugar before serving. Serve this dessert with a cup of tea.