Beautiful and delicious chocolate pancakes. I made these for breakfast and it was stunning to look at and scrumptious tasting. I appreciated this quick and easy way to get breakfast on the table quick. I sprinkled with powdered sugar, topped with some whipped cream and a few sliced strawberries. They were so good it was almost like having dessert for breakfast, they were awesome! Eating these is like having cake for your breakfast!
I love these pancakes, they are not too sweet and not too bitter just the perfect blend. They are definitely not for people who prefer savory. These were excellent for those of us who love chocolate! I recommend trying this recipe for yourself because it’s worth the effort.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- In a bowl, combine the sugar and egg, than add milk, all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa, vanilla, baking powder and vegetable oil.
- Mix until a smooth, thick batter forms.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Pour ¼ cup of pancake batter onto hot skillet , cook until bubbly on top and dry around edges.
- Serve with whipped cream and fresh strawberries or you can use chocolate sauce.
Calories 60 Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 2g 3%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Cholesterol 35mg 12%
Sodium 120mg 5%
Potassium 120mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 7g 2%
Dietary Fiber less than 1g 2%
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.