I just made these and am totally in love. I love the combination of dark chocolate and coconut. Just fantastic for a quick, chocolatey snack.
This was my first experience with Chocolate Coconut Balls. I wasn’t sure how they would turn out, but they turned out so yummy. The balls themselves are nice, but dipping them in chocolate makes them more delicious.I made them using only raw ingredients dried shredded coconut, coconut oil, vanilla extract, maple syrup and dark chocolate.
I decided to use dark chocolate and after they chilled, I dipped these balls in dark chocolate to make them extra yummy. As topping I used just coconut, but feel free to use any topping you like(chopped pecans, sprinkles, chopped nuts, sprinkles, chopped butterscotch chips, chopped candy canes). The result was absolutely delicious.
Also you can make them a week ahead and put them in a pretty box and store in the fridge. They’re the perfect homemade gift.
- 1 cup of dried coconut
- ¼ cup of extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 4 ounces dark chocolate (vegan, 70 percent cacao or higher)
- Combine dried coconut, maple syrup, vanilla extract and extra virgin coconut oil in a food processor and mix until well combined.
- Using a measuring spoon, shape the dough into small coconut balls and place on waxed paper .
- Place the coconut balls in the refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes or until firm.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave or in a double boiler.
- Take the balls out of the refrigerator and using a fork dip the coconut balls in the melted chocolate.
- I also add some of the shredded coconut on the truffles.