I like chocolate very much, and everything made with chocolate. I have made this mousse with many different types of chocolate, but I think the best chocolate for this mousse is dark chocolate. This is a perfect dessert because it looks pretty and you can make it ahead of time.
I topped the mousse with chocolate shavings, but you can also use fresh raspberries if you like.
- 50 g sugar
- 30 g butter
- 4 eggs, well chilled
- 100 g dark chocolate (70 per cent cocoa solids), chopped
- Melt the chocolate with butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water.
- Whisk the egg yolks In a separate bowl, until creamy and thick.
- When the chocolate is melted, leave to cool , then add the yolks and mix.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff , then add sugar and continue to beat until thick . Fold them into the chocolate mixture .
- Pour the mousse to into a serving bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hour. Top with with grated chocolate and serve.