Today I will cook chicken satay, because my daughter loves chicken satay so much. So this recipe I’m cooking for her. What I love about this recipe is that it doesn’t take long to prepare. Chicken Satay is very delicious and really simple to prepare. The chicken satay grills up very fast, that’s why cook them right before you want to serve. Also you can bake them in the oven if it’s cold to grill outside.
Just remember if you use bamboo skewers, you need to soak them in water for 30 minutes before use.
- 1 pound skinless, chicken breasts, cuted into 8 strips
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- ½ 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- In a large bowl, combine the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and peanut butter. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken strips to the marinade and mix marinade. Let the chicken marinate from 1 hour to overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place the marinated chicken strips onto the bamboo skewers and grill 4- 5 minutes on each side.
- I like to serve chicken satay with vegetables, butyou can serve with peanut sauce or whatever you like