Crepes (French-style pancakes) are a very favorite delicacy in France and are not only easy to make but also can be filled with anything. There are so many delicious ways to serve them. You can use fruits, fruit sauces, jams, Nutella, mousse for desserts or vegetables, eggs, cheese and meats for dinner. My favorite is with with strawberries, chocolate and whipped cream.
Here is a simple but delicious crepe batter which can be made in minutes in your blender or food processor. The ingredients are so simple that everyone has on hand. This recipe makes 3-4 crepes. You can roll crepes or fold them into quarters.
- Crepe Batter
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon vegetable oil
- ⅓ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- strawberries ( sliced)
- whipped cream and fresh berries
- In a blender combine egg, salt, milk, flour, vanilla, sugar and oil. Process until smooth.
- Heat a non stick frying pan over medium-high heat and brush pan with oil.
- Pour ¼ cup of crepe batter into pan, cook 2 to 3 minutes, turning once, until golden.
- Spread whipped cream down the middle of the crepe. Top with a few slices of strawberries and fold up.
- Garnish with berries and chocolate.