Today I’m going to make healthy, delicious chocolate pudding. If you are also a chocolate lover, then this is a must try dessert for you. It’s a pretty basic chocolate pudding recipe and as usual its a very simple and easy one. The good thing is this chocolate pudding is made without eggs and without chocolates too. This chocolate pudding recipe is prepared with just cocoa powder, but If you wish you can melt some chocolate. This super simple delicious pudding is ready to serve warm or cold, also you can make it ahead of time. It does not require much time to set so the time you need is just to serve it cold.
- ½ cup milk at room temperature, from 2% to whole milk
- 1 tablespoons cornstarch (corn flour)
- 1 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ⅓ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pich of salt
- Add cornstarch, salt, sugar, cocoa powder to the bowl and mix well. Slowly add milk and mix well with a whisk. Mix it well without lumps.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a slow boil, and stir constantly. The mixture will start to thicken.
- Remove from heat, pour the pudding into the small cup or dessert dish, and chill until cool(refrigerate it for up to 1 hour).
- Top with chopped nuts, if you wish.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 230 Calories from Fat 35
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 3.5g 5%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Cholesterol 10mg 3%
Sodium 870mg 36%
Potassium 350mg 10%
Total Carbohydrate 43g 14%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.