This is a wonderful side dish for eggplant lovers also these would be great as part of an appetizer platter. honestly I loved this recipe because it has few ingredients . Having so few ingredients was a plus so I decided to make these eggplant rolls. Make certain to slice the eggplants quite thin or they will not roll up well. Get longer eggplants so your roles can be bigger.
I mixed garlic and sour cream for the filling.The filling is just so light and goes really well with the flavour of the eggplant. It’s hard to find a lactose-free, gluten-free, vegetarian recipe that actually tastes delicious and this one does. Made this last night and it was delicious ! Absolutely yummy on an Autumn night with a big green salad.
- 2 eggplants sliced lengthwise about ¼-inch thick
- salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, for cooking
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup sour cream (vegan)
- 1 tomato (cut in wedges)
- Cut eggplants lengthways into thin slices and sprinkle with salt to help remove excess moisture and bitterness. Allow to stand in a colander for 10 minutes.
- Rinse and dry well.
- In a large nonstick skillet cook the eggplant in olive oil until golden, 2 minutes on each side. Drain and cool.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream with garlic. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Spread 1 tablespoon filling on each eggplant slice then put tomato and tightly roll up.
- Serve warm or cold