I made this simple garlic shrimp recipe last night for dinner and turned out great. Shrimp just burst with flavor and succulence. Great weeknight meal when you want something easy, quick and delicious! Have the ingredients fully prepped, and ready to go before you start. it is critical to the success of the recipe, as shrimp will not be very tasty if overcooked.
So be prepared to pull out the shrimp when they are done. Smaller shrimp may cook faster than required. I used more lemon juice than the recipe said to, so don’t be afraid to experiment a bit with changing amounts of some things to fit your taste. In my opinion, worthy dish to impress guests or if you are simply craving restaurant dish in the comforts of your own home. You can serve this garlic shrimp over angel hair pasta or with rice and broccoli.
- 10 ounces large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil, garlic and shrimp.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook shrimp 3 minutes or until just pink. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp.
- Toss with lemon juice and chopped parsley. Transfer to serving dish.