Who doesn’t love to eat a good spaghetti bolognese from time to time? This authentic Italian recipe is made with a rich tomato sauce with minced meat.
Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
- • 2 tbsp olive oil
- • 500g beef mince
- • 1 onion, diced
- • 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- • 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- • 400g spaghetti
- • 2-3 fresh or dried bay leaves
- • salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Then add the mince and cook it until the meat is browned all over.
- Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes, bay leaves and some salt and pepper. Stir well and bring the mixture up to the boil.
- Cover with a lid and gently simmer for about 45 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- While the sauce is cooking, start cooking the spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, just check the pack instructions. When the spaghetti is ready, drain it and divide between plates. Spoon the sauce on top, and sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese if you like.