I love these stuffed mushrooms they are one of my favorite party snacks. Stuffed mushrooms are so easy to make they can work well as an appetizer or you can eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
These are perfect for entertaining because you can make these ahead of time freeze them, and then bake when needed.
- 24. medium mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tomato chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350.
- Wash, and dry mushrooms.
- Remove and finely chop the mushroom stems.
- Melt 1 tbsp. butter in skillet. Cook and stir onion, chopped mushroom stems, tomato,garlic and green pepper in butter approximately 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper then remove from heat:
- Fill mushroom caps with stuffing mixture then sprinkle grated parmesan cheese over each mushroom.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minute