I made my vegan brownies this morning, and they’re fantastic!!! Sweet and so chocolatey! The best part is, it’s made with so few and such simple ingredients. I had all the ingredients right here at home, and the fact the recipe was egg-free made it all the better!
I made these with my 3 year old daughter, she was helping me and so I decided to add candy ( M&M’s) to the brownies, because she loves candy very much. I know you might think the oil seems like a lot, but it`s needed. Batter will be thick so don’t be alarmed.
And to make them more ‘ready-to-serve’ you can also bake them in a muffin tin which makes them a whole lot handier to eat!(next time I`m going to do this way).
I can’t even tell you how wonderful these brownies were. These turned out to be perfect in taste and texture- thick, moist and dense fudgy brownies that we all loved!No one could tell they were vegan. Everyone loved them and went back for seconds So delicious that all the brownies were gone the same day!!!
- 1cup water or soy milk
- 2cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup raw sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (vegan, of course!) I used M&M's instead of it.(don't use M&M's if you are making vegan version).
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas
- Grease 9 x 13 pan with a little oil,
- Combine flours, sugar, vanilla, cocoa powder, salt, instant coffee and baking soda in a large bowl and whisk together.
- Add water and vegetable oil and mix together.
- Add ½ cup of M&M's and mix.
- Pour the mixture into prepared pan and sprinkle remaining M&M's on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is no longer shiny or until knife inserted into center of pan comes out clean.
- Let cool completely, then cut